Cleansers are not meant to leave you with a squeaky clean feeling. That feeling is just soap stripping all your natural oils off. A cleanser should be gentle, water-soluble, and be able to remove your makeup. (If you have waterproof makeup, you will need specific moisturizer towels to remove that). Liquid cleansers are perfect for removing dirt and excess oil, while allowing your natural oils to remain.
Directions: use twice daily. Wash your face with lukewarm water, then apply a small dime-sized amount of the cleanser to the skin. Gently massage away residue and rinse with lukewarm water. You can also use a soft sponge, such as a Konjac sponge, to massage in the cleanser.
SkinMedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
This elegantly formulated exfoliating cleanser gently scrubs away dead skin, improving the appearance of skin tone and texture.
Appropriate for all skin types.
Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, and Malic Acid:
Each is a natural, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from bilberry extract, sugar cane extract, sugar maple extract, and citrus extracts that provides mild exfoliation to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and enhance skin texture.
Round soft jojoba spheres gently exfoliate minimizing irritation to skin.
A beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps exfoliate skin.
VI® Derm Cleanser for all skin types.
Aloe based cleanser effectively removes dirt, makeup, and impurities from the skin.
- Aloe leaf extract: softening, hydrating, soothing, antibacterial, and anti-fungal
- Glycolic acid: an alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) that loosens the fiberous bonds that hold skin cells together, allowing them to shed, and promotes collagen production to strengthen the skin. Its exfoliating properties allow for deeper penetration of your other skin care products.
- Azelaic acid: provides antibacterial action and pigmentation suppression while also acting as an exfoliant and a disinfectant.
- Green tea: powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect that protects against UV damage.
- Malic acid: an alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) that hydrates, smooths, and strengthens skin.
- Panthenol: promotes healthy cell regeneration.
- Retinyl palmitate: strengthens collagen and evens out pigmentation.
- Vitamin E: protects the skin.